The Wooten Company is a multidisciplinary consulting firm specializing in engineering, surveying and mapping, planning, site development and environmental services celebrating 80 years of continuous service to public and private clients. We are seeking a Utility Coordinator to join our growing team.
The successful candidate must be able to read and interpret NCDOT plans, have experience in NCDOT plans production and CADD programs (Microstation), be familiar with plan review, and identification and resolution of roadway/utility conflicts. This position will be responsible for handling multiple projects on tight construction letting schedules and must be able to seek creative solutions to resolving utility conflicts.
- Investigate, analyze, and identify utility conflicts on proposed projects.
- Coordinate the relocation and installation of private and public utility systems such as electric, pipelines, and telecommunication, water, and sewer facilities.
- Investigate and identify environmental impacts and work with the Division Environmental Officer at NCDOT to secure necessary environmental utility permits.
- Assist with design activities by attending meetings, reviewing documents, coordinating activities, ensuring all parties receive and review ongoing information, facilitating site visits, and identifying right of way easements.
- Acquisition of Utility Relocation Agreements and Encroachment Agreements (permits for occupancy on highway right of way) from utility owners due to highway construction projects.
- Development of utility relocation plans and Project Special Provisions.
- Coordinate and expedite utility relocations to keep projects on schedule.
- Monitor, report, and track project status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field or an equivalent combination of education, knowledge and experience.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Comfortable working in a highway/roadway field job site.
- Previous experience with the NCDOT Utility Coordination.
- Prior experience in utility relocation, roadway and drainage design is a plus.
- Working knowledge of all policies, regulations, and engineering standards set forth by the Federal Highway Administration, the Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, the North Carolina General Statutes and processes related to utility relocations.
- Ability to make and execute sound, independent decisions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have exceptional communication and technical writing skills to coordinate effectively with NCDOT staff, design engineers, ROW acquisition staff, and construction managers; and ability to handle one-on-one meetings with utility owners.
- Thorough knowledge of personal computing systems and software applications.
- Must be must be able to read and interpret NCDOT plans, have experience in NCDOT plans production utilizing Microstation.
- Ideal candidate will have an assertive task-focused attitude.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and successfully pass a background check.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Wooten Company provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding work environment.