Senior Project Manager – Water Resources
Our established and growing Civil Department is looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead its Water Resources Practice in the Raleigh, NC office. The successful candidate is a client-focused, highly motivated, organized and engaging engineer who has demonstrated leadership qualities and will be responsible for efficient management of assigned projects and personnel. They are well oriented with a water and wastewater focus and has experience with linear water and wastewater engineering and management in all phases of projects from planning, design, construction phases.
The Water Resources Practice works on a variety of projects mainly in the public sector for clients of varying size. Typical projects include water and wastewater system analysis and evaluation, preliminary engineering studies, design of water transmission/distribution system components and wastewater collection system components. This is an excellent career opportunity for a talented individual to join an established firm with outstanding professionals.
• Lead, direct and grow the practice to provide client satisfaction, achieve operational efficiencies and meet practice goals.
• Develop and maintain effective liaison and relationships with clients on a variety of water and wastewater projects.
• Proactively engage in the development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients to sustain and grow the practice.
• Develop project scope, budgets, and work plans and manage project adhering to these items.
• Consult with project staff to provide technical guidance; outline work plan; assign duties and responsibilities; and resolve problems.
• Direct, coordinate, and supervise activities of project personnel and team members to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Provide leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating staff for practice work and their career growth.
• Assist in the preparation of necessary calculations, reports, specifications and other project materials.
• Motivate team personnel toward performance excellence in all assigned tasks.
• Recruit and maintain appropriate staff to meet project deliverables.
• Assume Ownership of Practice Financial Goals.
• Perform QA/QC functions to help ensure projects meet client expectations and engineering excellence.
• Take an active role in the preparation of proposals including development of work, schedules, fees, and overall content.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s of Science in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field.
• Professional Registration (PE) in NC is required.
• 14 plus years of water/wastewater engineering experience, of which 4 years should have been in a project and personnel management capacity.
• Experience with Water and Sewer System Evaluation.
• Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation, Microsoft Office and Modeling software.
• Experience with public infrastructure project financing and NCDOT is a plus.
• Strong understanding of engineering project process from inception to completion through construction.
• Documented experience preparing and leading the development of studies, plans, specifications, permitting, cost opinions, and construction schedules.
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with staff and clients.
• Strong interpersonal and management skills.
• Possess ability to lead and mentor younger staff
• Must have a valid NC driver’s license
• Must be able to pass background check.
The Wooten Company is not currently sponsoring work authorizations.
The Wooten Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org