The Raleigh Office is seeking a Project Engineer/Project Manager for our Environmental Practice Section. The ideal candidate will have a civil/environmental water and/or wastewater resources or environmental engineering education/background having direct experience in water and wastewater treatment plant design.
· Providing technical and design services in support of water infrastructure projects (i.e. water and wastewater treatment, water distribution and wastewater collection/pumping).
· Conducting preliminary evaluations, preparing various reports, producing design drawings, preparing technical specifications, and preparing permit submittals for projects.
· Ability to manage bid negotiations for projects.
· Lead the work of a project team.
· Managing project tasks and coordinating work with team members.
· Managing implementation of work plans, schedule and budget.
· Maintaining client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
· Attending client and public meetings.
· Developing preliminary and final construction cost estimates for various projects.
· BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
· MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, preferred but not required.
· NC PE registration or ability to quickly acquire NC PE through reciprocity.
· 7-10 years of experience in water and wastewater treatment plant design.
· Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Good presentation and public speaking skills.
· Technically competent, a team player and good communication skills required.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
· Valid driver’s license and ability to successfully pass background check.
The Wooten Company is not currently sponsoring work authorizations.
The Wooten Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org