Senior Project Manager – Civil/Site
The Wooten Company is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to lead its Civil/Site Practice in the Raleigh, NC office. The successful candidate is well oriented with the civil/site focus and with the ability to provide design guidance, leadership and approval of project(s). They have experience with site development, designing projects in both design and project management capacity. Our established and growing Civil Department seeks a client-focused, motivated, organized and outgoing engineer who has demonstrated leadership qualities and will be responsible for efficient management of assigned projects and personnel.
The Civil/Site Practice works on a variety of projects for clients in the government, commercial, and industrial sectors. Typical projects include site/civil design for public/ institutional projects and roadway projects. This is an excellent career opportunity for a self-motivated and talented individual to join an established firm with outstanding professionals.
- Grow, organize and manage the practice to provide client satisfaction, achieve operational efficiencies and meet practice financial goals.
- Develop and maintain effective liaison and relationships with clients on a variety of civil/site projects.
- Develop and maintain client relations to ensure satisfaction.
- Develop/implement project plans/methodologies for multi-discipline projects.
- Consult with project staff to provide technical guidance; outline work plan; assign duties and responsibilities; and resolve problems.
- Direct, coordinate, and supervise activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Provide leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating staff in preparing grading, roadway, water and sewer, erosion control, and stormwater management design.
- Prepare necessary calculations, reports, specifications and other materials as may be necessary for the project’s success.
- Motivate Team personnel toward performance excellence in all assigned tasks.
- Recruit appropriate staff to meet project deliverables and financial goals.
- Assist in the development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients.
- Take an active role in the preparation of proposals including development of work, schedules, fees, and overall content.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering is required.
- Professional Registration (PE) in NC is required.
- 12 plus years of civil/site engineering experience, of which 2 years should have been in a management capacity.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D or MicroStation and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Experience with public infrastructure projects and NCDOT is a plus.
- Strong understanding of civil engineering project process from inception to completion through construction.
- Documented experience preparing and leading the development of plans, specifications, cost estimates, and construction schedules.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare professional well-written reports and engineering project documents
- Must have a valid NC drivers license
- Must be able to pass background check.
The Company is not currently sponsoring work authorizations. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org