Assistant to Project Engineer
The Wooten Company's Winston-Salem, NC Office is seeking an Assistant to Project Engineers. The ideal candidate will have a civil water resources or environmental engineering education/background having a strong interest in water, wastewater and/or stormwater design projects, and have 3-5 years of experience in the industry, with a strong preference for civil site development experience as well. The services we provide to our North Carolina municipal and private sector clients include general civil and environmental engineering, and grant and funding assistance.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Site grading and earthwork analysis and design.
- Water supply and distribution analysis, studies and design.
- Wastewater and storm water collection and treatment system analysis, studies and design.
- Sedimentation and erosion control design.
- Hydrologic/Hydraulic analysis and modeling.
- Permitting, code research, and specifications writing.
- Construction quantity takeoff and cost estimating.
- Occasional fieldwork to observe/participate in utility system evaluations.
- Daily interaction and occasional travel with project managers, clients, and regulatory permitting agencies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Site Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Certified EI with ability to obtain PE within 1-2 years.
- Strong technical skills in the design of water, wastewater, grading, drainage and storm water utilities.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Strong proficiency using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Valid NC Driver’s License.
The Wooten Company offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary and full benefits package. Qualified candidates please submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.