Assistant to Project Engineer
The Wooten Company is a multidisciplinary, employee-owned consulting firm providing engineering and architectural services to clients throughout North Carolina since 1936. Services provided to our North Carolina municipal and private sector clients include general civil and environmental engineering; mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering; community, economic and development planning; architecture; and grant and funding assistance.
The Raleigh Office is seeking an Assistant to Project Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a civil water resources or environmental engineering education/background having a strong interest in water and wastewater treatment and have 2-3 years of experience in the industry.
Typical responsibilities would include:
· Water supply and distribution analysis, studies and design.
· Wastewater collection and treatment system analysis, studies and design.
· Sedimentation and erosion control design.
· Hydrologic/Hydraulic analysis and modeling.
· Permitting, code research, and specifications writing.
· Construction quantity takeoff and cost estimating.
· Occasional fieldwork to observe/participate in utility system evaluations.
· Daily interaction and occasional travel with project managers, clients, and regulatory permitting agencies.
Qualifications and Experience:
· B.S. Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
· Certified EI with ability to obtain PE within 1-2 years.
· Strong technical skills in the design of water and wastewater utilities.
· Strong verbal and writing skills.
· Strong proficiency using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· MicroStation or AutoCAD experience preferred.
· Valid NC Driver’s License.
The Wooten Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org