The Wooten Company is an engineering, planning and architectural consulting firm with an exciting opportunity for the right individual to lead our Geomatics Practice. The Geomatics Practice Manager will be responsible for leading and growing the surveying / GIS unit for the company. Major responsibilities include supervision and direction of survey crews and GIS staff, meeting schedules, quality of work, internal and external project communications, project management, and business development for the Geomatics group.
This position requires 7+ years of survey experience to include boundary, topography, engineering design surveys, construction as-built, and utility mapping. A high level of proficiency with Total Station, Trimble GPS and software, Level, Microsoft Office Suite is required. Previous experience with NCDOT surveying, Laser Scanning or ESRI GIS software suite is a plus. Licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor in North Carolina, or ability to obtain within 24 months, is preferred. Previous managerial experience with a survey department and client management is preferred. Must be energetic and skilled in managing multiple priorities and prioritizing work assignments. Must be a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision. This position requires travel, with limited overnight stays, to field job sites, meetings, and regional offices as necessary.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Business Development for Geomatics (i.e., identify opportunities and strategies to position the firm to generate and obtain new business) and client maintenance.
- Direct and schedule field crews on survey and mapping projects.
- Direct CAD office staff and survey technicians to execute field surveys and generate the necessary mapping.
- Work closely with the GIS coordinator in scheduling the GIS staff in mapping production and analytics.
- Prepare, review and monitor field surveys.
- Perform quality control of all survey documents, including survey plans, record plats, descriptions, and review of title commitment reports.
- Oversee the processing of survey data.
- Coordinate and assist in scheduling with Project Engineers / Project Managers needs for GIS and surveying.
- Perform fee estimating of projects including proposal preparation, billing reports, and invoicing.
- Assist in performing survey boundary analysis and computations of ALTA, topography, utility and roadway surveys utilizing MicroStation or AutoCad.
- Assist in training and management of Geomatics field crews, technicians and support staff.
- Schedule and coordinate between other departments and companies.
- Recruitment and hiring of key staff.
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in North Carolina or ability to obtain with 24 months.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying or related field.
- 7+ years of progressive survey experience,
- Proficient working knowledge of MicroStation or AutoCad software, Trimble GPS, and Total Station.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience in business development best practices for A/E/C industry.
- Excellent organizational skills. Strong multi-tasking and follow-up skills. Ability to prioritize. Good time management skills and proactive approach.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
The Wooten Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org